Pages

February 10, 2013

Weekend baking

Now that I'm home full-time, I've been spending a little more time in the kitchen baking.  This weekend, I made Triple Chocolate Nutella cookies.  I am truly picky about my chocolate.  I don't like it too bitter or too sweet.  And I appreciate a smooth aftertaste.  I was hesitant to try these since they call for Hershey's Cocoa, an ingredient that I don't usually enjoy.  However, the addition of Nutella gave these cookies a delicious flavor.  YUMMY!!!


This recipe was included in our EMeals.com meal plan subscription as a special Valentine's treat.  Here's the recipe:

Triple Chocolate Nutella Cookies

1¼ c flour

⅔ c cocoa powder

1 t baking powder

½ t baking soda

½ t salt

½ c butter, 1 stick, softened

½ c granulated sugar

½ c dark brown sugar

⅓ c chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella

1½ t vanilla extract

⅓ c milk

½ c milk and/or white chocolate chips


Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Combine butter & both sugars; beat with an electric mixer on med until creamy. Add chocolate hazelnut spread & vanilla; mix until combined. Add  ½ of flour mixture, then milk, & remaining flour mixture, stirring well  between additions. Stir in chocolate chips.  Refrigerate dough  at least 20 min. Preheat oven to 325°F. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-10 min. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks and cool completely

No comments:

Post a Comment